My Life as an Ummi

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pertandingan Bayi Pa&Ma 2010

I have been trying my luck, my kids' luck actually, in entering the Pertandingan Bayi Pa&Ma (formerly known as Pertandingan Bayi Comel Pa&Ma). I started trying with Nisa but she was not shortlisted. I guess the photo I took was not good enough. Then I tried again with Irdina. This time, I submitted a photograph which was professionally taken at deOne photo studio. And Alhamdulillah she was shortlisted as one of the 16 semi-finalists. However, she had an accident about 3 weeks before the event. Her left hand was badly burnt by a hot iron, my fault totally :(, so she was not her usual jovial self on competition day. So she did not make it through to the finals.

Then this year, I again entered a professionally taken photograph of Imran, and he was selected as a semi-finalist. The competition, which was held on July 31 and August 1 at Sunway Pyramid, had Imran crawling through a tunnel. During the semi-finals, Imran was so good. He could not wait to go through the tunnel...of course I had a bait.....oreo cookies.....hehehehe....So he managed to complete the task in no time at all.

Alas, he was selected as a finalist and had to come back the next day. My husband, who really wanted to be supportive, wasn't exactly thrilled that he had to come back the next day. So me, being the very understanding wife, gave him an alternative. He could stay home with the other kids but he had to find a way to get me to Sunway Pyramid. I couldn't drive with Imran. And Imran refuses the car seat.

So he somehow managed to get my aunt to accompany me. During the finals, he had to do the same......crawl through a tunnel. But this time, no bait was needed. It's like he already knew what was required of him. I didn't even have to put him in a crawling position. He walked himself to the start of the tunnel, crawled through, came out the other hand and stood up and posed for the photographers. Oh!How proud I was of my little angel.

Then when results time came, they announced the five runner-ups, and Imran was not one of them!!!! Imran won 3rd place!!! I was happy enough. I was already happy that he was in the finals what more to come up at the top 3 positions. Kudos to Immy!

So these are some of his winnings....















And here's Imran enjoying his new tent.....















Ummi and Ayah are so proud of you little boy.

The contest is on every year but I would have to produce another baby to be eligible next year.....hehehe....so Mr. Hubby....how about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment