My Life as an Ummi

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Miracle of Birth

No words can describe my feelings when (for the 2nd time) I was given the honor to witness the miracle of birth. Usually only husbands have this privilege while wives battle with excruciating pain to give the husband the joy of watching the birth.

It was in fact a joyous occasion to watch my sis-in-law give birth to her 3rd child, Adlan Iman Mohd Faiz yesterday evening. Ironically, watching her moan in agony (which reminded me of the pain I endured approximately 14 months ago) still made me want to go through it all over again. (If only I could persuade Mr. hubby.)

Being the camerawoman, I got to watch the EVERYTHING. It was nothing new as I have personally gone thru it 4 times and this is my 2nd time as a "viewer". But the rush I get is still the same......how the mom was in such pain and after one push, the baby was out, all the pain was gone.....immediately.

Then I got to do something totally awesome....I got to breastfeed the little guy.


With your little
birdie mouth

And your tiny
pucker lips

You root and turn
and tip and search

For what you
seek - the nips!

And in this dark
and dreamy land

Slumbering cozy
in our nest

The whole outside
world is forgotten

While you and I
snuggle down in rest.


~ Danelle Frisbie

Mas and Faiz, congratulations on the birth of your newborn baby boy. Thanks for letting me a part of his birth.....love you guys......

No comments:

Post a Comment