My Life as an Ummi

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Barriers to Pumping at Work

As a breastfeeding working mom, I have no choice but to pump at work to ensure ample supply of milk for my 15 months old Imran. However, it's very unfortunate to say that my company does not provide a room for us bf moms. I have been requesting for a room since 2002. The suggestion was almost a-go until it reached our HR department where the boss said that we might us it as a socializing room. Can u believe it?

I used to think that I was alone in this until I read this article. It gives me strength to know that I have a right. But I don't think that I am brave enough to forward this to my boss or the HR department.....

Have a read.....good article....

http://www.momsrising.org/blog/5-things-employers-should-know-about-breastfeeding/

No comments:

Post a Comment